Almost all the Mac users have observed that they are unable to open or play MKV files on the devices that are supported by MAC. They are unaware of the reason behind it. We all know that MKV is an open-source container format that is free and has limitless numbers of audio, video, subtitle tracks, or pictures, however is unrecognized by the QuickTime player. If you are worried and don’t know how to watch MKV files on Mach, you should read this article. We have gathered three different effective methods that will help you to play the MKV files successfully on MAC.
Many people refrain from downloading software as they fear that their computer can get exposed to the threat of full viruses. That is when they can make use of the online video converter to the MWV files on Mac. One of the websites that you can cater to is https://convert-video-online.com/. Other than this, there are various other options available on the internet from where you can choose the best media player for macOS. With just a few simple steps, you would be able to open the required file. Those steps are mentioned below for help.
- First, click on “open” for the file you want to convert.
- Then, select the output format as “MOV” if you are trying to convert a video file.
- Click on the option “convert”
- When your file is completely converted, just download it and play the converted file on MAC.
Use Wondershare MKV converter and player –
Wondershare UniConverter is one of the best AVI player for mac. Earlier it was named Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. This software is the perfect combination of the MKV converter and the MKV player. It will allow you to play files like MOV, MP4, MKV, and other 1000 famous video formats. It comes free of cost and you will be able to convert the MKV formats easily into other supporting formats that are used for playing on any player. The software is a wonderful invention and a blessing for the MAC users. The steps to use the software are described below:
- First, launch the Wondershare MKV converter Mac and click to add files from your MAC device. You should add the MKV videos that you would want to play on MAC.
- Next, choose the output format as MOV. Beside “convert all tasks” you will find an inverted triangle icon. Just click on it. It will show you the entire list of the output format. You need to select a video and choose the desired video resolution.
- Finally hit the “convert all” button to start converting the MKV files on MAC.
When the conversion is done, you need to click on the folder icon to get the .mov file. Then you would be able to play the MKV video suing the QuickTime player.
Change to another media player
It takes a long time to load videos when you use Perian with Quicktime. In such situations, you should make use of the alternative media player to play the MKV files on MAC. MKV videos can be played with other media players that support the MAC software. Here, you can use media players like VLC, Elmedia Player, MPlayerX, and 5KPlayer.
So, there are 3 ways through which you can play MKV Video on Mac.