A personal injury claim is a tricky situation. You have to be informed about your rights and what you have to do to get compensated. For people who live in California, they ask help from the Los Angeles personal injury attorney list. These attorneys inform their clients about the things they need to do regarding the person who injured them and their insurance policy. We compiled some of the things you need to do when filing a personal injury claim to serve as your guide.
- Do not admit guilt, claim responsibility, or make an excited utterance.
- Do not decline medical treatment or deny injury.
- Do not give a recorded statement.
- Do not sign any documents.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your own insurance company about the accident.
- Call the police at the time of the accident.
- Gather facts and information.
- Preserve physical evidence.
- Consult an attorney.
These are some of the things that can help you in your injury claim. If you live in California, we suggest that you ask help from a personal injury lawyer in Irvine to make sure that you get compensated. To learn more about how to handle a personal injury claim, here is an infographic by Avrek Law Firm.