Ramya Krishnan is an Indian film actress who was born 15 September 1970 in Chennai. She is a part of over 260 films in five different languages including Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi. Ramya Krishnan doesn’t need any introduction. She has won four Filmfare Awards, three Nandi Awards and a Tamil Nadu State Film Award. On personal front she tied knot with director Krishna Vamsi on 12th June, 2003 and the couple is blessed with a cute son named Ritwik.
Her work is much appreciated; especially the role of Raj Mata Sivagami Devi in Baahubali gave her acting career new heights. She won everyone’s attention with her bold performance in Baahubali: The Beginning. She was part of the small screen as well. She judged a dance show on STAR Vijay: Jodi Number One, season 1, followed by season 5. Ramya Krishnan also hosted a popular show “Thanga Vettai” on Sun TV and starred in Tamil tele-series like Kalasam, Thangam and Vamsam. In 2019, she has been a host for two episodes in Telugu Television reality-show Bigg Boss 3.
Here’s everything you want to know about talented actors. Have a look at unknown facts about Ramya Krishnan.
Unknown Facts About Ramya Krishnan
- Ramya Krishnan has a connection with Industry in fact her uncle Cho Ramaswamy was a well-known Indian comedian and actor.
- Apart from a good actor she is a good dancer as well. Ramya has learnt various dance forms including Kuchipudi, Bharatanatyam and Western. She did a number of stage shows.
- Ramya Krishnan started her acting career at an early age. In 1984 she was a young 13 old girl when she stepped in the film industry and acted in Neram Pularumbol, a Malayalam movie however, the release of the flick was delayed.
- Accordingly due to the late release of “Neram Pularumbol” people got to see her for the first time in Tamil movie Vellai Manasu, which hit the theatres in 1985.
- She is the popular face not only in South but Ramya Krishnan was seen in Bollywood as well. She played the female lead in popular Hindi film “Bade Miyan Chote Miyan” starring Govinda and Amitabh Bacchan.
- She has also done movies with legendary actors like Vinod Khanna in Parampara, Sanjay Dutt in Khalnayak, Nana Patekar in Wajood and Govinda in Banarasi Babu.
- She made her debut in digital platform with Queen in 2019.The series received much acclaim for its writing and Ramya’s performance.
- Do you know!!! Ramya was not the first choice for the role of Sivagami. Actually the role was first offered to Sridevi but since she quoted a very high price Ramya was approached for the character and the rest you know. “Baahubali” no doubt is called one of the best movies of her filmy career.
She is honored with 3 Filmfare Awards:
- 1999- Best Actress for “Padayappa” (Tamil)
- 2009- Best Supporting Actress for “Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam” (Telugu)
- 2015- Best Supporting Actress for “Baahubali: The Beginning” (Telugu)
She is receiver of Nandi Awards by Government of Andhra Pradesh:
- 1998-Best Actress for “Kante Koothurne Kanu”
- 2009- Best Supporting Actress for “Raju Maharaju”
She was also awarded with Tamil Nadu State Film Best Actress Awards for “Padayappa” in 1999.